A – D Artists
- Big Fish
- Big Fish is a 5 piece band out of Halifax that has been performing throughout the Maritimes and Ontario for the past 16 years.
- Cassie & Maggie
- Exciting and innovative, they have found a perfect balance between musical integrity, and sheer entertainment. While staying true to their Nova Scotia Celtic roots, they have explored and tested the boundaries of traditional music.
E – H Artists
- Evelyn and the Country Slickers
- Evelyn MacRae’s accent only escaoes when she stops singing. Her melodic Cape Breton accent embraces members of her audience with terms such as “Love”, “Doll” and “B’ye”.
- Final Cut Trio
- If you enjoy Blue Rodeo, The Eagles, The Beatles, Johnny Reid and Great Big Sea and many more great hits from past and present musicians – than Final Cut is here to get your toes a tapping, your hands a clapping and your heart a pumping with the joy of Music.
- Hal Bruce
- Hal Bruce is a One-Man, One-Voice, One-Guitar, BIG SOUND full-time entertainer/music producer/songwriter, from Nova Scotia, Canada. He has long been known as a man with great musical talents and earned a well-deserved reputation of being true to the music and being a versatile hard working performer.
- Hillsburn is an indie rock and indie folk band from Halifax, Nova Scotia. The band released its debut full-length record in 2016. Hillsburn has been nominated for a number of regional and national awards.
I – L Artists
- Ivan Daigle
- Over the last few years Ivan Daigle has emerged as one of Eastern Canada’s stellar country artists. A songwriter since the age of 10, he has a strong work ethic and a genuine desire to entertain that spans generations with ease and leaves his fans wanting more. In 2012 “Canada’s Got Talent” thrust Ivan into the National Spotlight when he was the only representative of Country Music to make it to the Finals!
- Jason Price
- It is Jason’s baritone voice, his easy going demeanour, and a confident stage presence that immediately captivates his audience. He has had the pleasure to work with many artists including Tebey, Megan Patrick, JoJo Mason, Jason Benoit, The Road Hammers and many more.
- John Curtis Sampson
- When you first meet Canadian Singer/Songwriter John Curtis Sampson, you will immediately immersed in his warm and jovial personality. His songwriting style is personable, sometimes quirky, and delivered with a witty sense of humor.
- Jordan Musycsyn
- A masterful storyteller, Jordan writes songs about life and love with humour and pathos. His old school brand of Folk-Country has been compared to the likes of Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Tom Petty and John Prine.
- J.P. Cormier
- Canada’s Legendary Multi Instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, producer and teacher. JP Cormier is a 35 year veteran of the Canadian music scene, and is known the world over for his heartfelt songs, electrifying live performances and his genius level instrumental abilities. He has won 13 ECMA’s, 5 Music Nova Scotia Awards, a Canadian Folk Music Award and has received 2 Juno nominations. He has 17 solo albums to his credit, has produced well over 100 albums for other artists in his own studio and has launched the careers of many artists by producing or touring with them. He still tours 200-250 days a year and is a prolific recording artist.
- Taking inspiration from the sometimes hard life situations that LeeBoy has encountered over the years as a paramedic, his songs are stories that people can relate to with the music a mix of blues, bluegrass, and folk.
- Lisa Richard
- Lisa has had the opportunity of singing alongside such acts as Hal Bruce, Shirley Jackson, Carson Downey, and Matt Minglewood. A very talented singer, Lisa treats her fans to amazing, powerful vocals. Her range extends from rock to blues to country.
- The Lovelocks
- Mixing soaring vocals, sweet harmonies, and sultry strings, complemented with an infectiously high-energy stage presence is the essence of 2014 Canadian Country Music Association® (CCMA®) Discovery Series winners The Lovelocks, a female country duo comprised of Ali Raney and Zoë Sparrow. Celebrated by RocketHub as “crowd funding pioneers in the world of country music in Canada”, this business-savvy duo has raised over $65,000 dollars to date, funding the recording of both, their debut EP, and their second album Born to Love
M – P Artists
- MacFarlane’s Rant
- MacFarlane’s Rant are Mike Milne, Kory Bayer, and Randy Feener. A mix of Maritime and traditional Celtic songs.
- Bob Naugler & Midtown Blues Band
- A 5-piece Blues-Rock Band from Halifax, NS that plays original and covered tunes! Debut CD – The Midtown Man is available online (iTunes, Amazon, etc.).
- Matt Minglewood
- Matt’s influences and abilities are seemingly endless and his energy to perform is equally as deep. The basis is blues, the premise is rock, the approach – original. The results are straight up and right on. Minglewood Band comes at you, live, hard and strong.
- Since the group’s inception in 1977 McGinty has been a mainstay on the East Coast music scene. As Ambassadors for Nova Scotia music and good-times, they have performed all over the world and shared the stage with the likes of John Prine, Liam Clancy and The Chieftans. McGinty have a way of making the smallest pub feel like a concert or the largest festival feel like a kitchen party!
- Mike Bochoff Band
- Whether performing with a power-pop trio or solo, Mike Bochoff (sounds like Bah-Choff) throws down a menagerie of catchy choruses and wry observations with authority and a healthy dash of sly humor. His highly-engaging performances have seen him grace stages all over North America supporting past efforts …in the Service of Madness (2007), Horror Culture (2009) and Start ‘Em Young (2014).
- Nicholas Layes
- Nicholas plays classic rock, folk, and country, with his favourite genre being country. Some of his favorite artists to cover include Johnny Cash, George Jones, Haggard, and Garth Brooks to Alison Krauss, CCR, and Don Mclean.
- Pretty Archie
- Pretty Archie is an established East Coast act with both Nova Scotia Music and ECMA nominations along with tons of touring experience throughout Canada. We believe Pretty Archie’s high tempo and high energy live experience would be a great addition to your new festival
Q – T Artists
- Ray Mattie
- The last 15 years has seen Ray Mattie perform countless shows and festivals across the United States and Canada. In doing so, Ray headlined and co-headlined events from Kansas City to Toronto, Chicago to Edmonton and Pennsylvania to Nova Scotia. He is a past ECMA and MNS award nominee. Ray Mattie combines his influences in Roots and Celtic music with live performance interaction skills that have brought audiences to their feet at such venues as CFL Grey Cup 100 Toronto, America’s largest Celtic festival main stages and intimate theatres as lead singer of Pogey. The Antigonish County native has a new solo EP and a 5-piece group called Mountain Rain featuring fiddle, mandolin, guitars, bass, drums, bodhran and a highly entertaining stage show.
Band Sponsored By:
- Ryan Cook
- Blending the nostalgia of classic country music with modern sensibility, Ryan Cook has developed a progressive sound that fuses both the traditional and the innovative. Drawing on the enduring sounds of western-swing, bluegrass, country, and folk, Ryan’s songbook is a deeply appreciative homage to the pioneers of hillbilly and folk. Ryan has toured heavily as a solo performer opening for Country legends including Dwight Yoakam, Rosanne Cash, and Travis Tritt. His acoustic, live show combines thumb-picking guitar styles, original folk ballads, and vintage Country music from the 1940’s and ‘50’s.
- With a well groomed set of originals, lush harmonies and memorable guitar lines, Shiretown presents like a saltwater rendering of Alison Krauss meets Fleetwood Mac. The musical sensibilities of this trio, allow them to covertly weave a catchy tapestry of folk-rock and adult contemporary. A fresh approach to the compelling sounds of the Canadian East Coast!
- The Next Generation
- Next Generation Bluegrass band is a youth band that is making its marks in the Maritimes and Maine. The Next Generation Band began 4 Years ago at a youth concert that was held at the downeast bluegrass festival in Truro organized by Chantal O’Neil. Next Generation band was awarded Most Promising Band and nominated Gospel Performance of the Year in 2015 at the Bluegrass Awards. This year they were nominated Gospel Performance of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year. They are excited about the release of their new self titled CD.
- Travis Hatcher
- From Amherst Nova Scotia, Travis Hatcher is a an acoustic/folk music with family and music roots in Newfoundland and classic rock giving him a unique approach to his song writing. Travis sings semi-autobiographical and storytelling songs designed to ensnare the imagination and stir your emotions.
- Ty Wallace
- Ty Wallace and his band which consists of his cousins; Mike Wallace, Stephen Wallace, and his brother George Wallace all grew up in Antigonish county and all started playing music at a young age. Ty and Stephen cut their musical teeth by playing with Stephen’s father’s band “The Country Swingers” Mike and Ty played in various other bands together, and Ty’s brother George has played extensively across Canada for many years before moving back home to pursue other interests. Ty plays regularly throughout the Antigonish and surrounding areas, and blends a nice mixture of traditional and newer country music as well as some classic rocking tunes as well.
U – Z Artists
- Working Class Band
- Each member of the Working Class Band brings great talent and many years of experience to the stage. Blending elements of Soul, Blues,R&B and Reggae with an inspiring groove, smooth vocals, soul stirring guitar & colourful keys.
- Wayne Schnare – Emcee
- Wayne is from Lower Sackville Nova Scotia , is married to his wife Karen . Wayne has been Emceeing since 2008 and has done several festivals around NS . He also is a Radio Host on CIOE 97.5 FM . where he interviews East Coast Artist on his show The Wolf’s Den . He brings energy and humor to the stage . Music is his passion.